Neo cancer

Has anyone heard of anyone getting bladder cancer in their neo bladder? Just curious if can happen.
Debi

6 replies. Join the discussion

Debi; I am new to this site and don't want to overstep my newby boudries but, I can't help but respond. You probably touched on the fears and nightmares of everyone who has had cancer and has a neo-bladder. The only way I can get beyond this question is to hope for the future! Peace Debi!

i wondered the same thing about my indiana pouch.. it is made from intestine, just as the neobladder is.

Doctors watch for upper renal bladder cancer after cystectomy and diversion placement. The pouches, to my understanding will not develop bladder cancer. Since they are from intestine/colon, they could possibly develop polyps? This is a question for the doctors.

My husband is IV with mets to lungs so we know its on the move already and just wondered if it could show up in the neo.

I've never HEARD of it showing up in the actual pouch - and as Karego said, don't think you can develop bladder cancer there. Maybe JJ can give us a more definite answer if he sees this post.

Gayle

That is an excellent question. I've often wondered that myself. I wish I had an answer but will research it. Thanks for bringing it up. Will let you know what I come up with. Be well, be strong and stay positive.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support BCAN

Help the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network

Discussion topics

Walk for Bladder Cancer May 3rd

Walk for Bladder Cancer

Resources from BCAN

BCAN on Facebook

Like the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network on Facebook

Community leaders