How long should it take to live life in the "green!"

I was just wondering how long it took everyone to live in the "Green" or is living in the "Yellow" zones commom with asthma? It has been months for me and my pulm doc still hasn't figured out a maintenance routine that will keep me in the green. He just upped my dosage of inhalers so now I am on Singulair at night and Dulera 250/10 two puffs in am and pm. But it doesn't really seem to help. Ugh!!!! It seems friends I know with asthma are totally controlled.

12 replies. Join the discussion

I talked with Randy about options moving forward and as you are a business man he would like to meet with you face to face to get answers to some of his questions. If you would prefer to meet with him over lunch somewhere over lunch. Please let me know what your availability is.

I talked with Randy about options moving forward and as he is a business man he would like to meet with you to get answers to some of his questions. He would prefer to meet with you over lunch. Please let me know what your availability is.

Hi victoria8,
I am new to this site,but it is nice to find someone else that can not get good control of there asthma. I just used to have trouble from October till about March but for the past 3-4 years it has been an all year thing. Last January my asthma so out of control dr wanted to put me on a ventilater. I got somewhat controll of it till August of 2012. That is when I went down hill again and have been there ever since. I have no voice since the beginning of August, I see my asthma Dr on a weekly basis and my lung function are constantly down. I have become my doctors Project, he is out of answers I am on spiriva, quvar80mg, advair 231/21, prednisone 20mg/10mg, nebuelizer every 4hours with 2 different meds. It seems that everyday is not only physically challeging but emotinally draing and mentally draining. Thank you for reading my post, maybe we can keep chatting.

randygirl

I'm so sorry for all that is going on. I know it is hard to keep going and having to use all the medicines that go with it. I hope you have a great Asthma doc like a pulmonary doc It can make the world of difference. I hope you to do better day by day!

Sure I'm here if you need me. Keep looking at the asthma site and you can learn more about how to keep yourself healthy . But for now take it one day at a time. I'll be thinking of you. Thank you for all that you have done for all of us with asthma.

Is this it. thanks for everything. I will see you sometime. please get me back the site that I need to go to. Take care of your self!

He will have an appointment at allstate hopefully soon.

I'm doing pretty well. cough and some wheezing but I hope it will get better. I still have some to use tissues most of the time. please help me with my last issue. Thanks. you know where I am.

I'm doing pretty well. cough and wheezing but I think it's getting better. I still have some tissues that I need daily. Please take me to the site I need to go to. I appreciate it greatly!

I sure hope so. but give me some time. I've never have gotten the feel of it. always writing over and over again. Can you please tell me how to get back to that site so I can put things right?

of course I would like that! how do i find you? And can you Please help me with my little problem. thanks so much. I hope i did things right and that you will share what happened today. Can't thank you enough really. Thanks.

I keep writing this over and over yuk! thank you so much for all you've done for me and every thing else you've done.. could not be any better.Can't believe all those people were part of it! I hope some of my docs were too! I wish you SO much happiness! Take care my friend!! Diane

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AAFA

Help the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Public Service Announcement

Links and Resources from AAFA

Community leaders