Medulloblastoma

My 19 year old brother was recently diagnosed with Medulloblastoma and I was curious to meet anyone who has this or knows someone who does or has had it. I'm so confused on what our/his future is. Can he live a full life with this after his radiation and chemo? Any answers are welcome! Doctors confuse me too much with what they try to explain to us so I decided it may be best to ask people that have went thru this or knows some who is. Thanks!

3 replies. Join the discussion

My daughter 7 days old suffer from Medulloblastoma as per the MRI report.Kindly suggest me the options available for me to save her life

I am sorry to hear about your brother. Please see what I wrote for Vie0882. He needs to make a few decisions right now and they have to be right.

I'm so sorry about your baby. I know that treatment options are different depending on age. My brother is at MUSC in Charleston, SC right now for his radiation, which he started yesterday. He has a great Neuro-Oncologist doctor there who specializes in pediatric brain cancers especially Medulloblastoma. Her name is Dr. Breadlau (I believe I spelled it correctly). I'm not sure where you are located but I don't believe just an MRI can determine Medulloblastoma. I would find a hospital that specializes in it. Will pray for your precious newborn!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ACCO

Help the American Childhood Cancer Organization reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the American Childhood Cancer Organization

Discussion topics

Financial Impact of Childhood Cancer

Download the free report from Inspire and ACCO -- The Financial Impact of Childhood Cancer

Help Raise Awareness!

PJammin (r) - For kids with cancer

Go Gold - For kids with cancer

Links and Resources from ACCO

About Us
About the American Childhood Cancer Organization's purpose and mission.

Free Resources
We offer a variety of FREE books and materials for kids and families.

Treatment Information
Information about childhood cancer treatment centers, clinical trials, and more.

Donate
Your gift will allow us to continue developing new programs and to continue creating and distributing free materials for children and families.

Educate Your Community
This presentation, entitled "Unsung Heroes" will help you educate yourself and your community about the trials and tribulations faced by children and families. As a parent, caregiver, patient, or survivor, you'll have a powerful tool to supplement your already-powerful story.

Gold Ribbon Awareness
ACCO's new awareness program. Host a gold-themed event to raise funds and awareness!

PJammin for Kids with Cancer
Create supportive schools and businesses in your community by hosting pajama days for kids with cancer!

Connect with ACCO on Facebook

Community leaders