Ewing's Sarcoma

My son Adrian has been in remission for 2 years from Ewing's. He starts last week with pain in his back, an x ray was done and everything is normal. He told me his pain feels like when he got sick the first time. Has anyone know something about recurrent Ewing's Sarcoma? Please I need help.

3 replies. Join the discussion

I am not a Ewings mom. However, I remember my boy having fears and feeling symptoms of his tumor returning a few times during his remission. This is scary and stressful when this happens. It is good to be careful and go get it checked out rather than wait and worry until his next visit. When in doubt just move it up a bit.
The doctors understand and should want to help you and your son not feel worried. Make sure they check him again just to see if they are missing something. Explain what is happening and that you are really concerned.
Then they will need to take the time to really reassure him. You can never do to much to help these kids deal with having to go through this confusing time of remission. I hope he feels happy and safe again soon!

Thank you so much for your advice. The oncologist did a ct scan and came out negative, thank God! I think you are right, he has the fear of a relapse, but so far so good. We won't put our guard down, just in case.

I am a fellow Ewing Sarcoma warrior mom. There is a great support group that is filled with many parents who have kids in treatment, out of treatment, relapses, first time, localized etc. We also have a few doctors that are on the site and will answer specific questions when asked. I encourage you to join the group. It is through the Association of Cancer Online Resource....

http://listserv.acor.org/scripts/wa-ACOR.exe?A0=E-SARCOMA

They have helped me immensely from picking me up from having a sad day to answering about vitamins to support for quarterly scans!

I hope your son's anxieties are minimal and he can lead a blessed life!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ACCO

Help the American Childhood Cancer Organization reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the American Childhood Cancer Organization

Discussion topics

Financial Impact of Childhood Cancer

Download the free report from Inspire and ACCO -- The Financial Impact of Childhood Cancer

Help Raise Awareness!

PJammin (r) - For kids with cancer

Go Gold - For kids with cancer

Links and Resources from ACCO

About Us
About the American Childhood Cancer Organization's purpose and mission.

Free Resources
We offer a variety of FREE books and materials for kids and families.

Treatment Information
Information about childhood cancer treatment centers, clinical trials, and more.

Donate
Your gift will allow us to continue developing new programs and to continue creating and distributing free materials for children and families.

Educate Your Community
This presentation, entitled "Unsung Heroes" will help you educate yourself and your community about the trials and tribulations faced by children and families. As a parent, caregiver, patient, or survivor, you'll have a powerful tool to supplement your already-powerful story.

Gold Ribbon Awareness
ACCO's new awareness program. Host a gold-themed event to raise funds and awareness!

PJammin for Kids with Cancer
Create supportive schools and businesses in your community by hosting pajama days for kids with cancer!

Connect with ACCO on Facebook

Community leaders