meningioma

its been 4 months my body andmuscles aches what do you recomend for this

8 replies. Join the discussion

Hi,
What type of meningioma. Must know type to know the right things to do.
Skul base harder than other type.

Also, have you had treatment for this yet, such as surgery and/or radiation, and are your symptoms from the treatment? The more info that you can give us, the more we can try to help.

Hi,
T Goldstein right. Give more and detail info.

My daughter had a meningioma also benign in the frontal lobe on the left side removed in in 1992. Since then she has had all different muscle spasms thoughout her body that come and go. Two years ago she was diagnosed with Dystonia a neurological condition from brain injury that cases muscles to tighten and not relax cause pain and spasms that she can not control in her back, legs, arms, neck and jaw spasms. You might want to look into this it takes years for them to make a final diagnosis. Good Luck. Hope it is not Dystonia as it doesn't go away. SLStar

That's interesting. I have gotten spasms of different kinds in different places since way before my meningioma was diagnosed, but supposedly this tumor could have been growing for many years. The doctors never felt that the tumor caused any of this, and I did not have surgery, but radiation. But I still get them off and on. Maybe the tumor has been causing me to get spasms even though no one thinks so.

Hang in there girl! I am 10 months post op and my head still itches, I also get tired way too easy. ...try to give your brain a break and just rest when you can. You will feel better eventually. Like me, be grateful you are alive. I can smell fine, but my spelling and writing have not been quite back to normal. Feel free to friend me if you want to !

hello ming59. I thought your comment was interesting. I've had surgery to remove 2 olfactory groove meningiomas in right frontal lobe on Apr 2. 2012. surgery was successful, lost my sense of smell but everything else works ok. The post-op stuff that I'm having is emotional roller coaster ride as well as an itchy scalp. one minute I'm ok and the next I'm feeling fatigued or sad. There is a very real heaviness in my body. This heaviness comes and goes. but the interesting part is that the heaviness is there whether I'm sad or happy. Its draining and I've been getting lots of rest, exercise, yoga, eating well. I trying to do all the right things but the heaviness continues. I wonder whether you or anyone else has experienced this heaviness. . . not sure what else to call it. thanks for listening.

Hi blessed222,
Oh you are still very new post ops,
My surgery last 2011 may, I think brain surgery caused us tired more. What's your type of brain tumor?
I did feel heaviness, but slowly is getting better, up to now, still have, but not as heavy as before.
For me, it was heavy to drag my feet before, post ops, I had to learn to walk again. I could not walk before.
My sense of smell ok, face paralyze, and lost hearing. Sorry my emotional not so effected. Yes, Iam easily angry ,specially when people always said, they don't see my difficulty in eating, but, I think, people that not thru brain surgery will never understand.
Brain surgery, I think its different with other surgery.
Don't worry, I think you will get better.maybe my damage more than you.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support ABTA

Together with your help, the American Brain Tumor Association will fund more research and reach more people, with the shared goal of improving, extending and ultimately saving lives. With your gift, those coping with a brain tumor diagnosis will know -- more than ever -- that they are not alone.

Donate to the American Brain Tumor Association

Discussion topics

More from ABTA

Community leaders