What next???????????

Hi Everyone,

It is me again, just trying to get my frustrations out. OK here goes,

Yesterday I took Pat for a routine eye exam. I of course take my book along and got into my story & never paid any attention to the time he was gone. When he finally comes out I said get we can now go & he said "NO". I looked at him & said what??? He said I just had to have laser surgery on my Right Eye as he now has Glaucoma!!!!! The pressure is to be anywhere from 10-17 per our doctor & his was at 21. So they did the laser surgery right away. His left eye is at a 17 and may need that as well. He goes back in a month to have both checked again. He has inherit this from his Mom who lost one eye and had only a fourth of vision from the other due to glaucoma.

Went for Mom's Care Plan meeting today and she not only has the flu but also has a UTI. So she is not doing to well. I did not get to see her but will give it another week. They said she is not eating to well and has been sleeping a lot. They did not have her weight but will check on that again since she has been sick.

I take Kristine to the doctor next Tues. to get the results of the biopsy, so that will be a very stressful day.

Off to get the two grandson's their flu shot as I sure don't want to get sick. I hope some day I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you all for being my friend, caring and sending prayers my way and listen to my crazy complaining. I don't know what I would do without all of you.

Love,
Mary Ann

Things you can do

Support AFA

Help the Alzheimer's Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Links and resources from AFA

Community leaders

Disclaimer

Information found on the Alzheimer's Foundation of America Support Community should not be considered a replacement for consultation with a qualified healthcare professional. Any views or opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of AFA.