Surgery was Today

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that Kristine surgery went well. The doctor said that the thyroid was removed along with the tumor and that they did not have to remove any additional lymph nodes.

She will not get the test result of the tumor for another 4-6 days. This will tell them if she needs to go on any type of radio iodine treatment.

Also, Mom has got the nasty flu that is going around and now her entire floor of Memory Care is in quarantine and NO Visitors are allow. They are hoping to stop the spread to all other residents.

Well, I am exhausted and will write again on Thurs. as I have a care plan meeting with the nursing home.

Things you can do

Support AFA

Help the Alzheimer's Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Links and resources from AFA

Community leaders

Disclaimer

Information found on the Alzheimer's Foundation of America Support Community should not be considered a replacement for consultation with a qualified healthcare professional. Any views or opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of AFA.