New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I hope that we all have a great new 2013. Lord knows I have had a stressful 2012, It sure ended stressful. I finally lost it yesterday afternoon. We have my parents living with us right now, daddy is 81 with a heart condition and mom is in the beginning stages of alzheimersand is 71, my daughter is 29 with the mentality of a 14 yr old. my youngest son,23, just moved out, he is living with his girlfriend and her 2 babies, then my middle boy and his wife and son moved in. I have a 8 year old rottie that I have had since she was 6 months old and she is in her last days and its very hard on me to see this beautiful girl not able to walk or do much of anything. I know it would be best to put her down but I just cant say goodbye to her. With all that is going on with all the people here I lost it yesterday and I had a argument with my husband and then I started to cry and couldnt stop for most of the evening and just thinking about it makes me cry again. I am just so stressed out and just plain wore out that all I want to do is hide and cry. I take mom into the neurologist on the 31 of Jan. I am going to see if I can get my dr to give me something to help me. I am just stressed to the max. I will say that I hope that the new year will give me some relief. My husband askes me what is wrong and how do I tell him that I am going crazy with all these people in the house and arguing with each other and I am trying to keep the peace and take care of them and do for them and I am just going nuts. I am not able to talk to my husband about this becouse he doesnt understand so haveing a place to get this out really helps me. Thank you all for listening to me and for just being here for me to get it out. God Bless each of you and your families. I will be praying for all of you and I hope that you each have a wonderful new year. Love you all

Things you can do

Support AFA

Help the Alzheimer's Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Links and resources from AFA

Community leaders

Disclaimer

Information found on the Alzheimer's Foundation of America Support Community should not be considered a replacement for consultation with a qualified healthcare professional. Any views or opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of AFA.