feel guilty

I have been overwhelmed lately buy everything that is going on between my family and work and it has been giving me massive migraines. So today I told my husband that I was going to take my male rottie for a walk in Canon City, the next town. I was going to take my Pooh and go for a walk alone. I did and was gone for about 3 hours, Pooh and I went for a walk and went and got him a hamburger and me a coke and then we went and seen my husband at his job. Then when I got home all the family had to tell me what the others were doing and how bad they were. I am going to stress out if it keeps going. I really enjoyed my walk it was a small one just a mile but it was so peaceful and quite and Pooh and I really needed the break. I must say that walking with a 4 yr old male rottie attracts alot of attention, expecieally when he weighs more than I do. LOL. But why do I feel so guilty for going, I had my parents, my middle boy and my daughter and my grandson all at home. So no one was alone but I felt so guilty for doing it. I felt like I sneaked out and did something wrong. But it sure felt good when I was doing it. The weather was in the low 60's with the sun shinning and looking at the water and the mountain all around was just great. but I had to come home. I am sorry for rattling but it just had to come out. I am going to try to go for a walk atleast once a week but hopefully I wont feel so bad when I get home. My son and daughter in law and grandson are moving into there new home around the first of March and I really really am glad. Well I had better go and clean the kitchen from supper. I hope that everyone has a blessed evening

Things you can do

Support AFA

Help the Alzheimer's Foundation of America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America

Discussion topics

Links and resources from AFA

Community leaders

Disclaimer

Information found on the Alzheimer's Foundation of America Support Community should not be considered a replacement for consultation with a qualified healthcare professional. Any views or opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of AFA.