Weird Dreams on Lizness?

Ok, so I just started this today, so I am not sure if it was a side effect or I was just REALLY tired....I know there is not a lot of data on Lizness...
But does (or did) anyone have weird dreams at the beginning?

I took it (on an empty stomach) but then again, I don't have a stomach...total gastrectomy in 2008
and within about 20 minutes, went to sleep...a HARD sleep...and dreamt that I was in some house, with my family...and a BLUE bird (that kept flying around.) I was in bed with my mom and then my eye started bleeding...
um...yeah
and then I woke up
hmmm...any thoughts?

13 replies. Join the discussion

I take Linzess in the morning so not sure I have any dreams from it. I think it is possible to have strange dreams with meds.
I do like the Linzess so much, so far, that even if I had dreams, I would not care.

I agree...with the possible weird side effects...and I also agree I might just continue if it is worth it...Thank you for your input :)

Hello, and thank you both for posting. I started Linzess yesterday, and so far have had medium "normal" b.m. for someone with IBS. No diarrhea, and just hope that it's not waiting around the corner!

Could those reading here please tell me if they have had success with control of pain and abdominal cramping with Linzess? If I could have the 30% reduction as claimed in literature, I would be so happy.

Linda

Hi,
I usually have no pain or cramping at all with Linzess. My diet really plays a big part. If I eat what I am suppose to - pure plain foods, vegs, fruits and good grains, I do pretty well. I am starting the 3rd month with Linzess. Sometimes may have twinge like feeling lower ab, but nothing awful. I don't know if what I have could be called IBS. I have colonic inertia -- little markers in the test didn't move much. I have basically had life long gastro problems -- all kinds, from spasms, bleeding ulcers and now Barretts Esophagus. I don't really know what normal is like, but I would have to say that how Linzess works for me most of the time, I would consider it close to how a normal system would be.

Thank you, Halle, for your reply. I posted yesterday, and today I had a lot of cramping and pain during and now after bm. This is usual for me, and I've been on Linzess for only two doses (lower strength). It hurts so much -- no diarrhea side effect though.
Take care, Linda

Linda, so very sorry to hear. I wish this could be wonderful for everyone. Our health solutions seem so very elusive. I don't know that this is going to work for me long term. As you know, it's years of hit and miss with answers. Best --

halle- How long did it take for the linzess to work???????? I gave it about 3-4 days, and it did nothing. But perhaps I gave up on it too soon?? Just wondering. I have colonic inertia, nothing seems to be working consistent anymore. Had constipation now for 57 years. Tried everything, my mainstay is duccolax, usually 3 tabs, but sometimes it does not work. Miralax horrible, just gives me gas and bloat. Amitiza did nothing. Mom works, but gives me migraine unfortunately. So I am curious. I am going to try to get my MD to prescribe cytotec, and he probably will not ever write me a script for resolor to try, because it is not in US. I really would love to have something work and avoid surgery. I saw a surgeon and he said it is not a guarantee to help me, that is scary to me. My colonoscopy is always normal, my defecagram too. and sitz marker, gee "slow". I would appreciate your feedback!!!!

Kavita...I am avoiding surgery too :) I'm a pretty honest person so...I simply don't want a bag. I have had too much crap done, I'm tired. I truly am. Today I had a watery stool. After being constipated so long (not as long as you) but long enough...I went, but not sure if I felt "relief." I hate poop. I hate the smell. I hate sh*t. I am sick of this....I truly am. But...then I want to "okay." To find an "answer."

I am in the potty right now as I post this...
oi vey...
:)

So did the linzess work immediately or did it take weeks?? I am trying to decide to give it another try. I hate miralax with a passion it only gives me gas and bloat. I need something that makes me feel like I have to go. I am tired of this too. I am seeing my dr next week to discuss cytotec. I hope since you are young, maybe your bowel will recover and normalize. As for me, probably not. Let me know how long it took before you felt like it worked, and also if you took it with any other laxative thank you!!!!!!!!

Sorry just read your post again and realize you just started the drug. So sorry!!! Confused your reply with halle

Kavita the Linzess pretty much worked right away. It doesn't cause the urgency feeling that Amitiza does, Linzess is much more subtle for me.
I am so use to having pain and cramping that when I don't have that with Linzess, I think it might not be working, but it does.

Kavita--for the last few days i've been taking linzess 290 mcg in the am as well as my nightly dulcolax/milk of mag cocktail. i have colonic inertia etc and lately the dulcolax/milk mag combo hasn't been working as well anymore. so far, adding linzess as helped.

i've never had success with taking just one med, supplement etc to help me go. i've always had to combine things.

good luck--and good luck with your upcoming gastro appointment.

also--i've read that some of the gastros and pharmacists have recommended that if you're backed up with stool, it's best to do a clean out first before taking linzess for the first time. like prucalopride, linzess is not a laxative but a bowel regulator and works best if you're not already backed up before taking it.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AGMD

Help the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Helpful links from AGMD

Community leaders