Linzess

I know it says not to open the Linzess Capsules but has anyone tried to open them and only take half the capsule? My daughter is going to try this drug tomorrow I just didn't want to give her the entire capsule so see how she was going to react to it. Her doctor said it may be ok.

7 replies. Join the discussion

I would check with your Pharmacist. They know a lot more about drugs than Doctors. Over the years I've been given a lot of misinformation about drugs from Doctors.

Everything on the net about Linzess, says definitely not to split the capsules.

I did before I read not to. it worked really fast. but other than that no other adverse thing happened to me.

however I am an adult and full size. I am not sure your child's age or size, but small adults and kids are much more sensitive to dosage and mechanism of release. if i understand right, the release is not supposed to happen in the upper GI system. so now that I think of it, it was not such a good idea in my case, as I have esophageal motility problems. I do know that I drink lots of water with my dose now and don't split.

I take it every other day because it was making me too sick. That might be another option?

I tried it. There was such a small amount of powder in there it was impossible to split. I thought there would be much more. Frankly I was amazed.

I have opened them taken out half the medicine and put the capsule back together and took it. There is two strengths 145mg & 290mg.
Krastini

That is what I did krastini and it worked fine she only weighs 111 and is 21 years old

It worked well when I first got I and took 145mg one day & 240mg next dat. That has since stopped. Now I take 145mg linzess about 30 min. Later I eat something heavy & greasy it doesn't take much then about 30min. After eating I take a relistor shot. & within 5-10 min. I'm going to the bathroom.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support AGMD

Help the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Helpful links from AGMD

Community leaders