A Little About Me

Jan. 2013

Five years ago I was diagnosed with stage I breast cancer. At that time that seemed terrifying...oh how innocent I was! I had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation...the whole enchilada. Sure didn't want this coming back after all. Took my hormone drugs, and after a few years kind-of felt like it was all just a bad dream :) !

Fast forward to summer 2011. I was having a lot of pain on my left side (rib cage area) radiating around to the back. After months of tests, in April of 2012 I was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer. What? This wasn't supposed to happen. I had gone over-board on my treatment 4.5 years ago so this wouldn't happen!!! But, here we are...

As we all know, life can change in an instant! It's how we handle it that matters. I feel blessed to have great family, friends, drs, and resources and of course my spirituality. Without all of those I'd be lost. I refuse to ask why...there isn't an anwser to that question anyway. I'm grateful that we can share this journey together!!! xo

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders