treatment

i had breast cancer and my treatment was all going well but now the doctor says that i have a cancer on the back of my bone (sclerotic lesion) what those this means i am scared to hell and what s the treatment please can anybody help me..............

9 replies. Join the discussion

Don't worry oceanbreeze, apparently I am the preacher:)

Please take a deep breath and try to relax. Very easy for me to say and very hard for you right now! I am not a medical person and wouldn't/couldn't address your specific question but I do suggest you do some internet research on some of the reputable sites such as Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, MD Anderson and the National Cancer Institute. You will find information about bone mets to the spine.

http://www.cancer.gov/

When you have calmed down a bit, get a notebook and paper. Start writing down your questions for your medical team. No question is ignorant. You need facts and you need answers. I was diagnosed with bone mets in May, 2012, and had to be talked off a ledge this summer by a therapist. I am emotionally better now because I received support from the hospital and my medical team. I have also learned a great deal from the wonderful women and men on this site. You have come to the right place to begin your journey. Always remember that knowledge is your empowerment to a hopeful and better day than this one.

Keep your heart and mind open to a blend of eastern/western medicine. There is deep value in both.

Be Well~

It is always hard to hear cancer has went to another spot.I was told in 2010 my cancer went to the pubic bone ha ha nice place to go have been on different treatments but didn't work for long so the cancer spread and went to other bones and as hard as it was to hear it is something we have no choice to deal with.You need to take it in and then you will get strong again and then the fight begins.I have been on Xeloda for bone mets for a year now and I am blessed that they are stable.There are many treatments out there so try to remain positive things will work out for you.Keep a positive attitude stay strong and just BELIEVE you will get through this.
Good Luck and Stay Strong!!!
Cathy

Sova,
I am so sorry that this has hit you at such an early age in your life. You shouldn't have to deal with this............just when you ought to be starting your college years and planning a carreer. My heart goes out to you.
Because of your age, I'd think that you would be getting genetic testing, and especially a more in depth profiling on your own specific MBC. You may want to do a bit of researching about Rational Therapeutics or something along that line. I should think that your oncologist would try to do any & all antihormonals or mTOR-type drugs, so that you hold off on any chemo drugs, until all other avenues have been exhausted.
If it is any reassurance, bone mets are better that any soft tissue mets.............painful, but better than liver, lungs, and/or brain mets.
I hope that you have a great support system............You've joined this forum........and that's a great way to get loads of info. Some of it may scare the heck outta you, but................this is an amazing group of 'sisters' and the occasional 'brothers'.
Any questions, concerns and/or ranting is completely safe here. I pray that whichever treatments recommended, work well.
Be well.
Anita

Cathy, mine went to the pelvic and pubic bone too. That was not fun! So painful. And I'm thinking WTF? I would think it would pick a different bone - and where it was on the pubic bone was side of the body opposite the cancer. So strange. The good news is that it is a 'better' met to have and I am proof that treatment can get it under control and the pain goes away when the cancer dies off.

What type of cancer do u have? ER+ etc?? I agree, exhaust all treatment options b4 chemo. I feel 4 u I know it can very scary. Hang in there

Hi
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I know the shock you are feeling. Also have mbc in 6 vertebraes and shoulder.
I did a lot of online research and had a discussion with oncologist. Between her and myself we have a treatment plan and she gave me lots of info. So have a good talk with your oncologist and she/he will be able to give you options. I was diagnosed at beginning of 2012 and am now on Xeloda. Unfortunately it is through trying all your options till something works. I have very little pain except for my shoulder. So hang in there and stay positive.
This site is always here with info and encouragement. It helps to vent sometimes.
Keep you in my prayers!!!

thank you helped me a lot

Do u know of stage 4 bc patients who survive a normal life expectancy?
Do they ever survive 10 or 20 yrs?
What is the best way of achieving remission?
Donmarie

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders