Tnbc

Please post if you are TN with bone mets. I am 49 years old, scared. Thank you, Renae

6 replies. Join the discussion

Dear ,Renae ,I have triple negative BC,was diagnosed in 2010 with hormonal positive,but then cancer mutated to TN. I was on multiple chemos that only helped for short time. I went to highly recommended ND,who prescribed multitude of supplements, requested me to do the Biofocus test,that cost $2700, I started on Iscador injections,and yet,the recurrence still happened with all this heavy artillery. At present time I am on lower dose of a taxotere,Cytoxin. I am older then you are and very thin,lost weight. My comprehension of cancer knowledge changed when I read a book by dr.Seyfried :"cancer as metabolic disease". I started on ketogenic diet, reduced supplements,do fasting before and after chemo. Will it work,I do not know,so far tumor markets not decreasing. My next pet-scan is in 2 weeks. There many women with TNBC,there many treatments varieties available, it is scared,shocking to get this particular type of cancer, but you will fight this monster like we all do,and you will be OK

Hi Renae,

I'm 48 and I was just diagnosed with TNBC with brain mets. Just started chemo treatment this week. We will see if I need brain radiation in 6 weeks. It is very scary and overwhelming. I'm still learning about the disease and treatment plans. You are not alone.

Renee
I am 49 with TNBC, mets to lungs and liver. I have been NED for about 4 months and am currently taking gemzar only. Keep the faith. Believe it or not, having only bone mets is the best mets you can have if you got to have any!! Your onc. will probably give you Zometa??? The initial of being stage 4 is HUGE, but human beings adapt really quickly once a game plan is put into action. Exercise is a MUST!!!! It will keep you strong. Take calcium and vit. D everyday. Treat yourself to something special once a week. Let your husband spoil you. Tell everyone around you how much you love them. Do random acts of kindness to others.
Those are all the things I live by to stay mentally and physically strong.
Lots of cyber hugs
Snickers

Renee
Also, you can go onto the TNBC forum in the metastatic site and talk to more women with our disease. It helps to get information from TNBC folks.

Hi. Thank you! How do I go to the TNBC mets site? I sent you a friend request. :-) Renae

Renee
Go to tnbcfoundation.org
once you are in, create a user id and poof you are ready to talk with other women who are also tnbc

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders