Soursop

Hello, I live on the island of oahu in hawaii and am currently renting a home that has always had this unknown tree in the backyard, that I only but recently discovered it's true value. Its a soursop plant, if you havent heard of it, please look it up. My aunts with breast cancer have been undergoing chemo and have been asking me for the leaves to brew as a tea. Surprisingly, they have been able to defeat the weakness that chemo brings and are as strong as ever. I have lost several people in my life to cancer and wish I had this plant earlier to share with them. Soursop is really amazing, not just for cancer, but for several other treatments. Please do your research and use it to your advantage. I don't think I will be back on this site, but I wanted to put this information out there for you. Take Care and God Bless.

6 replies. Join the discussion

Heard of it. Where do I get some in ny?

I just order some on Amazon... they carry almost everything.

I bought the tea, but they have it in every available format... hope this helps.
Timarie

IN MEXICO, MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, THIS FRUIT IS CALLED CHIRIMOYA. IT'S DELICIOUS. I LOOKED ON WIKIPEDIA AND IT DOESN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING GOOD FOR CANCER. OTHER SITES LIST A FEW BENEFITS. I SUGGEST YOU CONSULT WITH A WELL TRAINED NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEA MADE WITH THESE LEAVES, BECAUSE ONE THING THAT WIKIPEDIA DOES SAY IS THAT IT CAUSES A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION OF THE NERVES.

Actually, cherimoya (Annona cherimola) and soursop (Annona muricata) are not the same. Although they are in the same family, they are different trees, flowers, leaves & fruit. The guanaba, a.k.a. soursop has been claimed to be medicinal. The caution for accumulative neurotoxicity, is from ingesting the seeds of either fruit. I don't know about making tea from the 'soursop' leaves. The fruit has a creamy, vanilla, pineapply flavor. If you can get over the mushy texture, and the numerous 'pips', it's ok. I'm not fond of it. The trees are pretty, though.

Yes, I know guanabana as well, I like it more than cherimoya. I miss it a lot, because I live in Canada now. I do suggest that we should not take it without consulting with a doctor, because if it is that 'strong', it could interfere with conventional treatments, just as grapefruit does. I personally wouldn't risk it, at least not now.

Warrior,
What would we do without you.You are the dr on inspire me ha ha because no matter what we talk about you know it.
Thanks you have taught me so much always love reading your posts !!!!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders