Oh! It is not cancer. It is IDLE (indolent lesions of epithelial origin)

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/29/report-suggests-sweeping-changes-t o-cancer-detection-and-treatment/?_r=0

Scientists suggested that many lesions detected should be reclassified as IDLE instead of cancer.

Donna, one of readers agree.
http://dcis411.com (Donna's blog)

3 replies. Join the discussion

over -diagnosis my $#%^^%$(#!#
The TRUTH is NO current tests can catch breast cancer before it has the ability to spread. The test would have to be sensitive enough to find cancer cells before they reach 2mm...NO tests like that exist.
We need A CURE. period.

I'm with you, Langley. A rose by any other name is still a rose. We need a cure, and a cure is not unattainable. All cancers are simply the uncontrolled reproduction of cells. These abnormal cells lack the mechanism that inhibits the overproduction in normal, healthy cells. Listen up researchers: FIND THAT MECHANISM and stop the growth of cancerous cells!!! The entire human gnome has already been researched and mapped. Now is the time for capitalists to find a way to make curing us more profitable than treating us!!! According to the World Health Organization, more than 450,000 people worldwide die each year of Stage 4 Breast Cancer. That is JUST breast cancer. What is the death toll of all cancers combined? Listen up Congress: If your goal is truly saving lives, then we need cancer control far more than gun control!!!

Personally I'd prefer to be over treated than not treated.

I cant forget that I was pronounced cured by both my surgeon and oncologist.

Had every treatment going and still I'm stage 4 - all this from a lazy lobular cancer.

Find the marker that says this cancer will spread and a time line would be helpful too. Then we would be working to wards killing cancer cells before they became a problem.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders