Healthy Foods that are not as you expect.

This is a must view for anybody interested in eating helathy foods. Wow! And we all wonder why we have cancer. It makes me wonder how there are people without cancer.

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/hidden-chemicals-you-re-feeding-your-kids#c mpid=em013013

7 replies. Join the discussion

Pretty crazy!

Yes, I heard about this ingredient recently. It is unbelievable that the haven't banned it in USA.

Why would anyone think that these are 'healthy' drinks? What do people think goes into processed foods? Additives to extend the shelf life, alter the natural appearance so it is more appealing to the consumer and to make the consumer think that it is a 'diet' product and so on. Read the labels! The more ingredients it has, especially with names you can't even pronounce, the more additives it has. I looked at some chocolate croissants in a shop a few months ago just to see what they had in them. There was a list of about 15 things, most of which I couldn't pronounce and that had E numbers after them. Many of these ingredients can also cause allergic reactions in children and adults.

Watch this presentation from TEDx http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA

StickiVicki, I agree with you. I read labels all the time and have for years since my yougest son had ADHD. I now shop only the outer perimeter of the market and mostly just in produce. It boggles my mind that people think that sport drinks are healthy - when I look at the colors I get nauseous. What is infuriating is that the FDA does not ban these substances. To me it is a lot like the GMO soy that is now put into everything. There is hardly a package in the market that does not list soy - salad dressing, crackers, etc, etc. Farmer's Markets and CSAs are the way to go for healthy foods and making your own.

If BVO is a vegetable oil, it will be derived from corn or soy which would in turn, make it a GMO. Now some lab rat, I mean chemist, conjures up some chemical concoction in the highly famed laboratory for a flame retardant and by the way, peple are inundated with this in their blood as well, especially children (found in mattresses and clothes to name a few) and now it is carefully disguised into a so called drink (and very clever in recycling a chemical) which is nothing short of serving up poison. This has no redeeming value, I personally find it criminal an this is doing nothing to enhance ones health and finally I will add, it is bioaccumulative.

This only confirms that my juicer can not be replaced and must dutifully stay on the kichen island along with his friend, the food processor. Such is my life!

I wouldn't call sodas and sports drinks healthy foods.

Another example, unfortunately, that the FDA is quite often NOT a friend of the American public . . . .

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders