Double Negative vs. Triple Negative

Can anyone tell me the difference between being double negative and triple negative? I am double negative and hormone receptive positive.

5 replies. Join the discussion

I don't know. Hope you get an answer from someone with the same diagnosis.
I do know that that hormone receptive thing is important because you can take the chemos that have been developed for that, and I think you have more options than if you were triple negative.

If the anti estrogen therapies work for you and you are ER+ you might be PR- and HER2-. I've haven't heard the term double negative. Maybe some of the others can tell you. Those who are triple negative are ER- PR- and HER2-.

Debbie

I am er+ pr- and HER2-. Does that mean I'm double negative? I've never heard that term either but after three years on Arimidex I was diagnosed as Stage IV with mets to the bones. It shouldn't have happened, but it did, so not all er+ patients respond well to the usual treatments for their particular mets.

I am ER+, PR- and HER2-. After initial treatment, I tried Arimidex for 3 months, Femara for 2 months, and Tamoxifen for 2 weeks. I do not fare well at all on meds (chemo did a # on me). I've decided to live a shorter life feeling the best I can vs. a longer miserable life. My oncologist is not happy but has confessed that meds are not 100% proof for killing cancer. I have done alternative med, doing hyperbaric chamber therapy and chelation. I still see my oncologist monthly. He says I am special and has never seen anyone like me before. That I am a chapter is his textbook. LaGata, what were your symptoms of the recurrence? Found in a PETscan?

Sherra,

In November of 2008, I had hiccups for two weeks, then no appetite at all, then I started vomiting. Nothing would stop it. And the pain was horrid in my back and right side. I was just seeing my GP and found out the hard way that he is cancer stupid.

Meanwhile I fell and broke my hand. When I went in for a port flush, the nurses in the infusion room told me to get an x-ray because they were sure my hand was boken. It was. So, I went through some tests and discovered the cancer was back but had to wait to start chemo until the day the cast came off.

The lack of appetite and vomiting had me losing 30 pounds in two months or so, and the side effect from that is I have a fatty liver and am prone to liver problems. If it isn't one thing it's another...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders