Advanced Breast cancer in the bones

Hi I am 41years old and been diagnosed with advanced breastcancer in the bones. Are they anyone with this stage that I can talk to?

40 replies. Join the discussion

Hi I also have cancer to the bones.3 years and still going strong!!!
F---Cancer is what I have to say!!!

Hi everyone I have cancer in my bones as well for the passed three years and I say f......k cancer as well!
Lina xx

I like the folks I get to follow!!!! (Would've been disappointed if I hadn't heard Cathy's slogan) :)

Hi Janine.
I was given a Stage IV report almost right away - "multiple metastases throughout the bones of the spine" -- have been NED for about 6 months. (No Evidence of Disease). Though my back is "barking" at me this week.
GOOD for you for focusing on what you want to do & going after it.
This is a great group, as you'll continue to discover. You can just be YOU here. And there's so much information and experience.
eHugs,
--kc

Hi Janine, I've had Mets to bones for over two yrs..I'm on FEMERA, FALSODEX,and ZOMETA...E R / P R t her - ..there are treatments
You have time Hang in there..there are FOUR staged anger, denial,DEPRESSION, and acceptance...we are here for you .
METSISTER..CLARA

Hello Janine, you have found yourself a wonderful family of MetSisters. Here is where you will find folks who truly pay attention when you cry, get frustrated, angry, happy, celebratory and, best of all, folks who will answer the questions you have that your onc does not! Welcome!

I have relatively recently been diagnosed Stage IV BC with multiple mets first to my liver (they since have significantly reduced with Cytoxin and The Red Devil) and then to my bones (pelvis and spine). I am currently off chemo and on Arimidex (hormonal therapy) and Zometa once a month for the bones. You are triple positive, so you are in a "good" place...if there is somewhere like that with this disease...so take each day as it comes, and knock on our doors when you need a pick me up or have questions. Remember, folks with mets to the bones only are the lucky sisters amongst us!

Wendy

I have multiple bone mets and liver also diagnosed from the start am er + . There are many treatments to access and keep us going . It doesn't stop me doing stuff just take one day at a time deal with it and be grateful ...most of all just keep breathing !! Xx

Welcome to the site Janine, although I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. You have definitely found the right place to ask questions, there are so many of us here with mets to the bones and also other organs. You can vent, bitch, complain, tell us of your triumphs, brag about your kids/grandkids we will all listen & send you hugs, hold your hands, clap, whatever you need we will be there. Nobody understands what you are going through except everyone on this site.
Susan xxx

Thank you all for your responds. I have been a member of a group that has breastcancer but not so much with mets. That makes it difficult since when I share they just find it horrible for me, but I need people like me that can uplift me and this way I can have a relative normal life without feeling that I do not belong there.

You have found "the" site! Everyone of us is Stage IV. I was diagnosed February 2013 with Mets to bones right from the start. Have been on Femara (letrozole) daily ever since, as well as X-geva injection every 28 days. Scans show no progression and reduction in size of primary tumor in breast. So far, it's working for me and side effects are minimal. We will try to answer any question you have. We have some unbelieveably knowledgeable people here!

Hi I was diagnosed with mets to bone in April 2012 and am currently taking exemestane and faslodex. Tumor markers just went up so will be having pet scan on Tuesday-hoping it's just a blip in the works!
First time around with bc was September 1998 when I had a lumpectomy,chemo and rads then tamoxifen for 5 years.
I love to hear everyone's thoughts on this site-it has been very helpful :)

Welcome Janine! I am triple positive, too, with extensive bone mets all over my hips, pelvis, femurs, shoulders, and up and down my spine. I had a recurrence in 2009. There are many treatment options for you, and even more people to talk to that are walking the same path you are everyday. I'm glad you found us! Good luck on your journey. We are here for you!

Hi Janine. Sorry you now have need of this site but welcome, we're here to help each other. I'm Stage 4 ER+ with mets to the skull and vertebrae. I now have mets to the liver and lungs also. My Onc. now have me on Xeloda which had to be stopped due to blisters on upper body and mouth. Currently on stuff for the blisters and Dilaudid for the back pain. Go back on Xeloda on Dec.12th.
I find the ladies here are quite knowledgable so don't hesitate to ask questions and cry, yell or scream. We're here.
Sandra

Janine, I was dx stage 4 in 2010, mets all over my bones. Now in my liver and dura (covering of the brain). As everyone has said you will find so much information on this site, it can be a bit over whelming but for me hearing from so many with such great info it gave me more of a voice in my own treatment. I began questioning my onc which led to my changing onc's. Ask alot of questions there are so many who have been there and they have great info for you. We have heard before that a support group for breast cancer without mets is not a good place for us. I hope your treatments work for a long time but there is alot out there. As someone else said live life each day, be grateful for all that you have, there is no room in this disease for negativity, rant here to get it out of your system then move on. We all care about you and how you are doing so keep us posted. Hugs and good thoughts.
Nancy

As much as we are all frightened and disgusted with the drug companies for just using us as guniea pigs to try their medicines and then bang it does not work and we again have to change to another one that eventually will kill us. Please find a CURE for our cancers....stop making monies off of us.......God bless us all with cancer.

Hi Janine, I'm sorry you need a support group but I'm glad you found this one. There are some pretty amazing members and I have learned a lot in the past few months since I joined. I went five years from my original BC diagnosis before I found out I had mets to my pelvis. That was almost 5 1/2 years ago. Since then it has also been found in my femur and has been growing again in the pelvis. I have had zometa twice; 12 months each time. Currently having injections of Faslodex which is an anti hormone.

There is pretty much nothing you will need to know that someone hasn't already been through or researched. I will also tell you I have never been part of a community online where the members are just so kind to one another. This is a safe place to ask questions or vent or whatever. We are all in the same boat and that tends to make a person pretty understanding. Hugs, and welcome.

Hi janine,

I'm glad you have found this site, just wish you didn't need it

This the best site I have found for, general support, information - and yes some laughs too.

Your not going to find a nicer group of folk any where. Yes we do , some times nip at each other - just like family - these guys really do care . we all help where we can.

I have bone mets in my spine and a couple of ribs on the left. I had a load of physio therapy From June last year right up to August this year. This has been a great help, getting me back on my feet and able to manage my insides.
I've been on Letrozole since DX last May and its working well.
The pain is from the bone mets is well controlled.

Hugs Gloria xx

Sheikhmeup...
What kind of BC do you have if you don't mind me asking? It is helpful to know.
Thanks
Xoxo

Welcome, Nearly all of here are stage 4 and the majority of us start off with bone mets.

This is a wonderful group of helpful and supportive people. You can vent or celebrate and we will be there for you.

Hi Janine I have ER/PR+ HER2- with bone mets to pelvis, spine and sternum. I am on Xgeva and Anastrozole but will be changing to Faslodex and hopefully be accepted into a study for Palbociclib.

Sending you a friend request : )

Dorothy

I am MBC with mets to my sternum. I also have several tumors in my chest wall. I am 48. I had DCIS in 2003 and thought I was done with cancer until I discovered a lump in my chest on the same side that I had my mastectomy in '03. Dr. says that the cancer has probably been growing there for a year or two. I have been on Abraxane and Zometa since August with few side effects. I get my PET scan on Tuesday and hope to find out that the chemo is working.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Advertisement

Advertisement

Discussion topics

Community leaders